Friday, July 27, 2012

~ My Bead Soup Blog Party 6 Reveal ~



Wow!
What a fun and wonderful learning experience for me!

My partner for this party is Debbie Price from

When I hurredly opened the package that came
in the mail, I was so excited and a little nervous, as I
havent branched away much from my "norm".
I usually always work with dark metals,
hand blackened brass etc, so when I saw the
light, shiny *bling* I was excited to work with something new!

This is the Soup Ingredients and lovely card that I received from Debbie:


And a close up of each yummy piece:    :)



I absolutely love that clasp,
how beautifully vintage, a large crystal jewel!

The heart attached to the key with the chain there was actually a
brooch pin set. I wish I had thought of taking a photo of the back
of each one before I removed the pins and smoothed them down
but that's okay. I also removed the chain.

In my finished piece I used the two focals (heart & key),
the gorgeous vintage silver clawed jewel clasp,
the large silver filigree ball with the row of sparkling jewels around it,
the chain of jewels,
two of the small silver bejeweled spacer beads
and 4 of the charcoal faceted glass beads.

I envisioned the finished necklace after only a few minutes
of looking through my own stash and immediately knew
that I wanted to use silk ribbon in a bright color,
so I searched for the perfect color - fuchsia it was!
I turned a bright silk shirt that was probably quite fashionable
in the early '90's in to some gorgeous silk ribbon that is much
more fashionable now!!

Some silver wire and a tassle dangling from the heart finished
it of perfectly.

I LOVE IT!!!


I hope you do too!

Wanna hop along and check out some (or all!) of the other
participants? Check 'em HERE